You have questions. We have answers. Don’t see the your questions listed here? Contact us.
Skin & Scripts is a leading virtual medical practice that provides 24/7 access to a board-certified dermatologist from the comfort and safety of your home. We offer both photo visits and live video visits.
- Photo visit are great for convenient 24/7 access to a board-certified dermatologist for a consultation for a minor skin issue or prescription medication refill.
- Click “Start Photo Visit” on Skin & Scripts website Register as patient Downloading the Skin App (available on App Store and Google Play) Provide your medical history and local pharmacy information Take a photo of your skin issue and provide details Submit your case!
- Within 24 hours your board-certified dermatologist will review your case, provide a personalized treatment plan and send your prescription (if medically necessary) to your local pharmacy.
- If you’d prefer to have a live chat with your dermatologist, you can schedule a video visit.
- Click “Start Video Visit” on Skin & Scripts website / Select appointment day/time / register as a patient / receive email confirmation with link for Zoom Meeting
- After your meeting your board-certified dermatologist will send you a personalized detailed treatment plan and send your prescription (if medically necessary) to your local pharmacy.
Currently, Skin & Scripts is available for patients living in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Florida and Texas. We are rapidly expanding into additional states so stay tuned!
- Yes, for photo visits you will need to download the Skin App from App Store or Google Play.
- For video visits, once scheduled you will receive and email confirmation with a Zoom link.
- No, at this time we only accept credit card or HSA/FSA card payments.
- For eligible plans, payments can be made with your health savings accounts (HSA), flexible spending account (FSA), or health reimbursement arrangement (HRA) card.
- Photo visits cost $75
- Video visits (20-minute appointment) cost $149
Yes, Skin & Scripts and the Skin App go above and beyond to protect your information and privacy. All platforms are compliant with the HIPPA Privacy Laws. Login information is encrypted with two step authentication. Credit card information is encrypted and never stored.
Photo visits are conducted through the Skin App which can be downloaded on both Apple and Android cellular devices.
Skin & Scripts will provide a diagnosis, detailed treatment plan and prescription (if necessary) for ONE skin condition per encounter.
If you have questions about your skin care regimen or need help determining your skin type, you can schedule a video visit with your dermatologist to discuss these topics and build a personalized skincare regimen. Your dermatologist will build you a personalized skincare regimen using medical grade skin care products you will have access to through Skin & Scripts’ online store at RegimenPro.
Skin & Scripts has partnered with RegimenPro to give our patients access to over 300 of the top medical grade skincare products. Medical grade products are potent cosmeceuticals used for antiaging and treating conditions such as melasma and post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH). Because these products need to be dispensed under the care of a medical professional, they are typically are only sold inside physician offices. Now, your dermatologist at Skin & Scripts can recommend medical grade products for you during your consultation and give you access to their online store at RegimenPro. RegimenPro will ship you products from the manufacturer directly to your home.
- Teledermatology is great for most skin conditions but not all skin related issues.
- Our dermatologists DO NOT assess/diagnose moles or skin growths. These conditions often need a biopsy for diagnosis thus in office visits are best.
Once a case is submitted, you will receive your treatment plan via email within 24 hours. (Be sure to turn on your notifications to get your alert!)
If your condition requires a prescription for treatment or if you’re requesting a refill for an existing chronic condition, then your dermatologist will send your prescription to your local pharmacy you selected when registering.
You will receive a notification on your phone (if enabled) letting you know your treatment plan is ready in your email inbox.
If you have a question regarding your visit you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for up to 2 weeks after your visit. After that you will need to schedule another visit as a follow up.
- It takes an average of 2-4 weeks of treatment for most rashes / flares of chronic skin conditions to improve. If a patient is not improving after this timeframe, then a follow up visit to discuss a new treatment plan or a recommendation for an in-office biopsy may be necessary. It is recommended that patients with chronic conditions (acne, eczema, psoriasis) follow up every 3-4 months. If you’d like a follow up visit you can submit another photo case or schedule a video visit.
- If you are experience a rapid worsening of your skin condition, fever, chills or new symptoms the please report to your local emergency room or urgent care center immediately.